Sunday 11 May 2014

The Kitchen: Architraves

The kitchen architraves are on. I went for staining rather than paint and selected a walnut stain which has a really warm tone to it. 

The ceiling rose is up but I still need to install the cornice. I am also going to run a border of the tile pattern beside the cornice on the ceiling just to tie everything in. Once that is done I'll install the light fitting into the ceiling rose and also put a power point at the back of the room for a lamp.


Almost done, just need to do the cornice & ceiling detail


I tired to paint the ceiling rose in colours from the tile work.


Closer shot of the architraves


French doors which will connect to the conservatory


Door connecting to the ground floor stair well.


Door details and dado railing


Base door detail and wide skirting board

View from outside French doors into the kitchen.

_____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment