Friday 2 May 2014

In the Beginning there was......MDF!

I started this novice blog so I could share the progress of my 1:12 scale model house (Yep, also known as a big girly girl dollhouse) with my family and friends.

For the record, no dolls will be squatting in this house!

The dollhouse kit I purchased is called 'The Grange'. The kit comes with all the MDF sheeting pre-cut and you then assemble the whole thing. There are 9 rooms in the house. The photo below shows 8 rooms, but I am going to section the large top room into two.

So I have included the very beginning pictures of the dollhouse. The very first picture is pretty much where I started thinking what have I got myself into.............

In a world of clamps, glue, nails, instructions & mental pain!!


Walls up and undercoat on.


First coat of exterior paint done


Same as above, just a side view


Second interior undercoat done & Roof clamped on


 
More pieces that will EVENTUALLY end up on the house!

 ____________________________________________________________________








No comments:

Post a Comment