Friday 2 May 2014

Dollhouse Exterior: Roof Shingles

The Dollhouse kit came with a standard MDF roof that had tile marks cut into it. It would  probably have looked OK just painted but I decided to shingle the whole thing. 

Yep, I didn't really think that one through. After laying around 2000+ individual shingles just on one side of the roof, I still have the front side to go. This also involves cutting the shingles to fit around both of the small dormers and also the large bay dormer. 

I have now come to terms with the fact that I often make idiotic decisions all for the sake of appearance, however I think it looks better than just paint, and may be worth the hand cramps and hate towards shingles that I have been experiencing!!



____________________________________________________________

Step by Step:












 ____________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment